Open Farm Sunday 2015
Make sure to take your camera (or phone!) with you when you head to a farm for Open Farm Sunday and you could be in with the chance of winning some great prizes.
Simply visit our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LEAFOpenFarmSunday) from the 7th – 20th June and share your picture with us. You could capture the farmer, the animals, the activities, the landscape – we want to see what you think is the essence of a day out on a farm on Open Farm Sunday.
There are a number of prizes available including:
- 1 x top prize of £100 Asda voucher
- 10 x second place prizes of collectible farm toys
- 25 x third place prizes of Shaun The Sheep – The Movie DVDs
You can enter up to 10 photographs.
The first prize picture will be judged by Food Photographer Joan Ransley www.joanransley.co.uk, and Ian Damms, Managing Director of Breeze and Freeze Ltd.
All remaining winners will be chosen by the LEAF Team.
Joan Ransley is a freelance food writer and photographer. She worked for many years in human nutrition research at the University of Leeds where she retains an honorary lectureship in the Department of Food Science. Four years ago Joan went freelance and now works with clients including The Guardian, Pavilion Books, the Yorkshire Post, The School of Artisan Food, Aspire Photography Training and Shipton Mill. Joan's work as a photographer has been recognised for two years running in the highly prestigious Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year competition where she was awarded 2nd place in 2015.
Ian Damms, is Company Director at Breeze and Freeze Limited, a UK based media production company specialising in the production of digital media for organisations operating in the great outdoors – in areas such as agricultural, the environment, food production and wildlife. Ian has a lifelong association with the agricultural industry and has spent the past 23 years producing multi-media materials.
Ts and Cs
- Competition runs on Facebook between 7th and 21st June 2015
- There is one top prize of £100 Asda Voucher, 10 second place prizes of collectible farm toys kindly supplied by Britains Toys, and 25 third place prizes of Shaun The Sheep DVDs. No alternative prizes will be offered.
- To enter the competition share your pictures from your Open Farm Sunday visit on the OFS Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LEAFOpenFarmSunday)
- You must have permission to use the photo
- The top prize will be chosen by judges Joan Ransley and Ian Damms. The judge’s decision is final. All other winners will be selected at by the LEAF team. All winners will be contacted via Facebook week commencing w/c 29th June with details of how to claim their prize which will be posted to them
- Winning photos will be used for media and social media activity by LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) and may be used on the www.farmsunday.org website
- Employees of LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) and associated companies are not eligible
- The Competitions is open to UK residents only
Open Farm Sunday 2014
Photography Competition results
Thank you to everyone who entered the Open Farm Sunday 2014 Photography Competition, kindly supported by Asda. We have had a fabulous response with over 100 entries capturing some wonderful moments during Open Farm Sunday 2014.
Choosing the winners has been very difficult, but we are delighted to announce the following results:
Category '16 years and over': Dennis Low
Judges comment: "The little boy with the piglets - I like the colour and composition of this and the fact that he appears fascinated by the piglets. A pig farmer in the making."
Category '15 years and under': Mia Lyndon
Judges comment: "I think this stands out for the composition - I like the way the pen sides frame the head."
Congratulations to Dennis and Mia who each receive a £100 Asda voucher.
Category '16 years and over': Amanda Pike
Judges comment: "I like the symmetry of the tower and the tractors in the background and the engaging smile of the little girl."
Category '15 years and under': Charlie Chapman
Judges comment: "It's eye is in focus and I like the clarity of the drip. I like the way the depth of field pushes the background out of focus which is really nice."
Congratulations to the runners-up, Amanda and Charlie, who each receive a £25 Asda voucher.
A big thank you to everyone who took part.
About the judge
Ian Damms is Managing Director of Breeze and Freeze Ltd a media company specialising in the agricultural sector. Ian has a lifelong association with the agricultural industry and has spent the past 23 years producing multi-media materials to train and inform rural populations throughout the world.
This competition is kindly sponsored by Asda, an Open Farm Sunday principal sponsor.