Open Farm Sunday 2015 Photography Competition
Make sure to take your camera (or phone!) with you when you head to a farm for Open Farm Sunday and you could be in with the chance of winning some great prizes.
Simply visit our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LEAFOpenFarmSunday) from the 7th – 21st June and share your picture with us. You could capture the farmer, the animals, the activities, the landscape – we want to see what you think is the essence of a day out on a farm on Open Farm Sunday.
There are a number of prizes available including:
- 1 x top prize of £100 Asda gift card
- 10 x second place prizes of collectible toys from Britains Big Farm range
- 25 x third place prizes of Shaun the Sheep The Movie DVDs
You can enter up to 10 photographs.
The first prize picture will be judged by Food Photographer Joan Ransley www.joanransley.co.uk, and Ian Damms, Managing Director of Breeze and Freeze Ltd.
All remaining winners will be chosen by the LEAF Team.
More about the prizes
Thank you to Asda for donating the top prize of a £100 Asda gift card.
We have 10 x second prizes of collectible toys from Britains Big Farm range
Britains Big Farm range of licensed 1:16 scale is the brand of choice for budding young farmers aged from three years up. Authentic models are made from high quality, durable plastic with realistic features. Tough enough to take on any outdoor adventure, with free-rolling wheels and hard rubber tyres, the chunky tractors and connecting accessories, give junior farmers the chance to role play every element of the farming life, from ploughing and harvesting to breeding and raising livestock. And we've got a Big Farm John Deere 6210R Tractor up for grabs, along with either a Big Farm John Deere Baler, a Big Farm John Deere Hydra Spreader or a Big Farm John Deere 348 Baler. Visit www.uk.tomy.com, become a fan at facebook.com/britainsfarmtoys and follow us at @TOMYToysUK. Prizes may vary.
We have 25 x third place prizes of Shaun the Sheep The Movie DVDs to be won
From Aardman, the creators of Wallace & Gromit and Chicken Run, comes the highly anticipated movie debut of Shaun the Sheep. When Shaun decides to take the day off and have some fun, he gets a little more action than he baa-rgained for! Shaun’s mischief accidentally causes the Farmer to be taken away from the farm, so it’s up to Shaun and the flock to travel to the Big City to rescue him. Will Shaun find the Farmer in the strange and unfamiliar world of the City before he’s lost forever?
Shaun the Sheep The Movie will be available on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Download from June 1st and will come with a host of extras including character profiles and a look behind the scenes! For more information or to see the trailer visit www.shaunthesheep.com
. © 2014 Aardman Animations Limited and Studiocanal S.A.
is a freelance food writer and photographer. She worked for many years in human nutrition research at the University of Leeds where she retains an honorary lectureship in the Department of Food Science. Four years ago Joan went freelance and now works with clients including The Guardian, and The School of Artisan Food. Joan was awarded 2nd place in the prestigious Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2015.
Ian Damms, is Company Director at Breeze and Freeze Limited, a UK based media production company specialising in the production of digital media for organisations operating in the great outdoors – in areas such as agricultural, the environment, food production and wildlife. Ian has a lifelong association with the agricultural industry and has spent the past 23 years producing multi-media materials.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition runs on Facebook between 7th and 21st June 2015
- There is one top prize of £100 Asda Gift Card, 10 second place prizes of collectible farm toys kindly supplied by Britains Toys, and 25 third place prizes of Shaun The Sheep - The Movie DVDs. No alternative prizes will be offered.
- To enter the competition share your pictures from your Open Farm Sunday visit on the OFS Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LEAFOpenFarmSunday)
- You must have permission to use the photo
- The top prize will be chosen by judges Joan Ransley and Ian Damms. The judge’s decision is final. All other winners will be selected by the LEAF team. All winners will be contacted via Facebook week commencing w/c 29th June with details of how to claim their prize which will be posted to them
- Winning photos will be used for media and social media activity by LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) and may be used on the www.farmsunday.org website
- Employees of LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) and associated companies are not eligible
- The Competitions is open to UK residents only
Open Farm Sunday 2014 Photography Competition results
Thank you to everyone who entered the Open Farm Sunday 2014 Photography Competition, kindly supported by Asda. Here are the prize winning entries.
A big thank you to everyone who took part.